Often called the “Linkedin for doctors,” Doximity is considered the premier online professional network for physicians. Doximity has created online CVs for each physician in the country, for which physicians just need to claim their profiles, verify/correct their credentials and add additional professional information. The entire process is free and takes about 15 minutes.
Physicians interested in their professional online reputations will find being Doximity members particularly helpful. The network’s data powers the US News and World Report Doctor Finder, which is the most visited site—other than choc.org—for consumers looking up information about their physicians.
Doximity members are also invited to participate in the “Best Hospitals” reputation survey. In fact, physicians who became members by Dec. 11, 2015 received online surveys for US News’ “Best Children’s Hospitals” in February 2016. (Note, CHOC is listed as CHOC Hospital of Orange County and the Mission Viejo campus is listed as CHOC at Mission Hospital.)
Other benefits of being on Doximity include:
- researching and connecting with other physicians;
- keeping up with the latest medical literature. (Doximity provides members access to several hundred peer-reviewed medical journals and high-quality consumer media sources, including NPR, Wall Street Journal and New York Times. Articles appear in members’ feeds based on selected interests, reading habits and specialties.);
- communicating with other members via a HIPAA-compliant messaging platform that is integrated with a free fax line that allows users to receive, sign and send faxes from their desktops or mobile devices;
- earning free CME;
- reviewing residency information;
- and evaluating salary information by specialty and geographic area in the US.
CHOC is partnering with Doximity’s Colleague Connect, a physician marketing program designed to enhance the hospital’s brand reputation—and its doctors’ reputations— among the physician community. The program’s key element is having physicians serve as brand ambassadors (physicians prefer hearing from colleagues rather than hospitals). CHOC’s marketing and communications department is partnering with physician leaders to create personal messages targeted to carefully chosen physician audiences. The goal is to introduce the physicians and CHOC, and have the recipients add the physicians as colleagues on Doximity.
When physicians are added as colleagues, they are essentially placed in a physician’s personal network. This means the physician and CHOC have preferred placement in that physician’s search, and information about the physician and CHOC are more likely to be viewed by the physicians with whom they are connecting. According to Doximity, this can lead to enhanced reputation and increased referrals.
Taking an Active Role
If you’re interested in partnering with CHOC’s Marketing and Communications Department on the Colleague Connect program, please contact Mellisa Henry, marketing director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The program doesn’t require much of your time. You do need to permit CHOC to send colleague requests on your behalf, and either review or—if so inclined—write the colleague introduction messages. If you have additional questions, please contact Mellisa, who can also put you in touch with a practicing physician who leads the hospital partnership program at Doximity.